8th Grade ELA Teacherblanks.firstname.lastname@example.org
School Phone Number: (704) 509- 5470
My name is Ms. Blanks and I am so excited about the 2021-2022 school year. This is my 5th year teaching. I moved here to Charlotte in 2019 and so far I love it here. I received my undergrad degree in English Liberal Arts from Francis Marion University and received my teaching certificate from UNC Charlotte. I enjoy reading, painting and family gatherings.
8th Grade ELA Course Description
Eighth grade students will use oral language, written language, and media and technology for expressive, informational, argumentative, critical, and literary purposes. They continue to refine their study of language and grammar in order to speak and write effectively. While emphasis in the eighth grade is placed on using information for a specific task, students should also:
· Interpret, analyze, and synthesize information form a variety of texts.
· Expand argumentation to refine the use of counterclaims.
· Elaborate and support individual perspectives in response to personal, social, cultural, and historical issues.
· Critically analyze print and non-print texts.
· Use effective sentence construction and edit for improvements in sentence formation, usage, mechanics, and spelling.
· Interpret and evaluate a wide range of literary and informational texts
3 ring binder