|Subjects||Apply for Position|
|3rd Grade Reading||Apply Here|
|2nd- 4th Grades Math||Apply Here|
|K-4th Teacher||Apply Here|
|Instructional Assistant||Apply Here|
Job Description (Teaching Positions)
- Delivers engaging differentiated lessons that meet the students’ needs and are aligned to the Common Core Standards for North Carolina.
- Prepares, plans and instructs using a variety of effective teaching strategies such as, scaffolding instruction, pulling small groups, and creating differentiated activities that lead to student comprehension and growth.
- Assess student progress using Mclass (TRC/Dibels), benchmarks, and informal classroom assessments weekly to adjust instruction and pacing.
- Experience in administering Mclass assessments.
- Effective implementing of guided reading instruction and formulating groups based off data.
- Collect and analyze data by identifying students’ common misconceptions and develop reteach/remediation plans. Through lesson plans, use aggressive monitoring to pinpoint students’ success and achievement in previous taught concepts.
- Follow and implement the school wide behavior plan. This may include developing and monitor individualized behavior plans.
- Meet with curriculum facilitator and/or instructional coach weekly to discuss management, rigor, and data.
- Understands the importance of effective communication and building positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate parent/teacher conferences as related to student’s performance.
- Attend faculty meetings, professional development and training sessions throughout the school year.
- Adhere to deadlines as outline by your curriculum facilitator or administration.
Must be certified or have passed the Foundations of Reading and General Curriculum test for NC certification. If coming from out of the area, only apply if serious about relocation. Preference is given to candidates with experience in primary aged students in an urban setting.
Instructional Assistant Job Description
Provide instructional support in the areas of reading and math. Prefer experience working with small groups and collaborating with classroom teachers. Title 1 school experience highly valued. ELL experience is helpful but not required, Bachelors degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of classroom experience.
Fluent in Spanish is highly recommended