January Lunch Menu – Available for Pick-up Monday through Thursday from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM at Main Campus only. Thursday meals include sack lunches for Friday – Sunday
Third Quarter Breakfast Menu – Breakfast menu will stay the same each month
Beginning September 19, SCCS will be offering Weekend and Holiday Meals in addition to week day meals. Weekend meals will be given with the Thursday hot lunch.
Meal Application – 2020 – 2021 Free and Reduced Lunch Application for Families. Application must be returned to Main Campus.
Beginning August 17th until September 4th Sugar Creek charter school will be distributing meal cards for students during meal pickup. Id will be required. Cards can be picked up from 4101 North Tryon Street for grades k-8 and 7821 Concord Road for grades 9-12. Starting September 8th meals will be available at both school location for students with meal cards during the calendar days of the 2020-2021 school year. Meal distribution will be as follows. Monday-Wednesday, one hot lunch and 1 shelf stable breakfast will be given to each student. Thursday 2 shelf stable breakfast one shelf stable lunch and one hot lunch will be given to students. There will be no service on Fridays. Please stay tuned to our social media outlets for more information regarding the School Nutrition Program in the upcoming school year.
Common Questions and answers
We understand many parents may not be aware of the changes within our school nutrition system throughout North Carolina. We have answers to commonly asked questions.
- What is the change?
- Usually during school, food authorities operate under the federal NSLP (National School Lunch Program) and NSBP (National School Breakfast Program). Because of unexpected school closures, North Carolina began to operate under the SSO (Seamless Summer Option) to feed students. This program was designed to provide meals to low income students during emergency circumstances.
- Do we have to come to the school to get meals?
- Yes, for now meals will only be served at the main campus and high school locations. There are Phase 2 plans for mobile sites, but we must make sure we have adequate staffing for consistency. Mobile sites cannot be developed until all meal cards have been distributed to students.
- Can anyone come to the school for meals?
- From August 17th, 2020 to December 31st, 2020 any child enrolled in a school in need of meals can come through the drive through for a hot lunch and shelf stable breakfast.
- What are the hours?
- Hours for meals are 11am to 1pm Monday through Thursday. Monday through Wednesday students will receive a hot lunch and a breakfast. On Thursday students will receive a hot lunch, 3 bagged lunches and 4 breakfast for meals on the weekend. There will be no meal service on Fridays.
- What’s a meal card?
- The meal cards are a way to identify your child for accountability. The meal cards are wallet size, include your child’s name, serving number and a bar code to be scanned.
- Where do I get meal cards?
- Meal cards will be given out during meal service at your child’s enrolled schools from August 17th, 2020 to August 31st, 2020. From September 1st, 2020 meal cards will be available in the office at our main campus.
- What if I have more questions?
- If you have any questions about our meal service program, please contact Ms. Maddox at (704) 509-5470. She will gladly answer any questions about our plans to continuously feed our student throughout this pandemic.