7th - PBL Social Studiesjavies.firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to 7th grade Project Based Learning (PBL). I am excited about another awesome year of teaching, learning and help molding Global Citizens at Sugar Creek Charter School.
A little about myself: I am Mr. Javies, born in Barbados, raised mostly in Burbank, CA. and Boston, MA. I am a proud graduate of the Winston Salem State University, I double majored in Education & Sociology/Social Work. I have completed a dual graduate program at Simmons and Harvard University in Massachusetts. I have fifteen years’ experience in the school system and have been a part of SCCS family for nine years this October.About the course: This half-year class, Project Based Learning for Social Studies, Government, and Economics is a two semester long class to build students ability to understand the world around them through investigations, projects, and performance. Students in this class will explore real life issues related to government, politics, the economy and themselves. Topics:
- The Atlantic slave trade.
- The Foundations of the American Political System.
- The Government Established by the Constitution Embody the Purposes, Values, and Principles of American Democracy.
- Personal Finance; Financial Literacy; and Entrepreneurship.
- Learning the Roles of the Citizen in American Democracy.
- What is the Relationship of the United States to Other Nations in the World.
- The students will lean what their Human Rights' are and how to protect them!