High School Visual Artsscott.email@example.com
Hello! My name is Jasmine Scott. I am a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. This is my seventh year at Sugar Creek Charter School. Below are the classes offered for high school art, semester 2 art schedule, supplies needed for class, and student resources.
- Visual Arts 1 Syllabus
- This course provides an introduction to art through a multimedia experience. Students will learn and apply the elements of art to produce creative art projects that reflect their understanding of these concepts.
- Visual Arts 2 Syllabus
- This course is a continued exploration of media and subject matter in the studio space. Students will learn to become self-directed in their art making processes and gain more sophisticated experiences.
- Contemporary Craft & Design Syllabus
- This course designed to expose students to various processes, techniques, and methods related to crafts. Students will not only explore art history as it relates to various crafts, but will also learn the process used to create different crafts. A variety of media will be used and combined to create projects.
- AP Art & Design Syllabus
- This Advanced Placement Studio Art class is offered to students who have a special interest in Drawing. Students will work to develop mastery of content and techniques within Drawing. They will create a small portfolio of work which reflects quality, breadth, and concentration, and will develop an understanding and appreciation for the work of historically important artists.
Semester 1 Schedule:
- 1st Block: Contemporary Craft & Design
- AP Art & Design
- 2nd Block: Visual Arts 1
- 3rd Block: Visual Arts 1
Semester 2 Schedule:
- 1st Block: Visual Arts 1
- AP Art & Design
- 3rd Block: Visual Arts 2
- 4th Block: Contemporary Craft & Design
- Sketchbook (spiral bound) - 8.5x11 or 9x12 (Visual Arts 1 & 2 only)
- Bound or spiral bound (AP Art)
- Visual Arts students should only buy a sketchbook if one was not purchased for Art 1 or if there are not enough pages left in Art 1 sketchbook
- Colored pencils: Crayola
- At least two #2 pencils
- Fine point Sharpie: Black
- Pencil sharpener
- 12-inch ruler
- Pencil pouch